The definitive punch tool
Parallel processing plays a fundamental part in getting a “big” mix sound. By processing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together, you can add more punch to a mix — in a more natural-sounding way.
It's like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track - each focused on doing one specific job - can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own.
Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept. The plugin splits your audio into three equal parts:
Dry - Your original signal
Spank - A heavily compressed duplicate
Heat - A heavily saturated duplicate
Work the duplicates hard! Then combine all three signals to squeeze every drop of sonic juice out of your track.
- Parallel Engine 1:”Spank” offers an addictively punchy parallel compression sound. Set the effect amount by dialing the main “Spank” wheel. Then use the style injection buttons to control the behavior of the algorithm. Finally, use the volume slider to set the amount of “Spank” / parallel compression you want blended in with your signal.
- Style injection buttons: Extra Punch, Extra Smack, Sidechain Filter, Mono.
- Parallel Engine 2:”Heat” is a warm, analog modeled, saturation algorithm with an aggressive bite. It will add some rich, non-linear harmonics to blend in with your signal. Set the saturation intensity by dialing the main “Heat” wheel – then use the style injection buttons to control the behavior of the engine. Finally, use the volume slider to set the amount of “Heat” / parallel saturation you want blended in with your signal.
- Style injection buttons: Extra Hot, Tone, HP Filter, LP Filter.
- Auto Gain:Engage “Auto Gain” to ensure that the combined level of the plugin’s three signals roughly matches the input/dry level. This allows you to experiment with different internal mix balances while keeping a consistent plugin output.
- Setting the mix balance:Balance Parallel Aggressor’s three parallel signals with the volume faders in the center of the plugin interface.
- Mixing with the meters:The plugin interface’s left and right side meters help you set the appropriate amount of “Spank” and “Heat” for any audio signal. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend you dial the Spank/Heat wheels to taste until their respective meters peak somewhere before the orange line.
- Listening in solo:The solo buttons below the volume sliders let you monitor each parallel signal individually for fine-tuning purposes.
- Display options:Switch between black, gray and white background color
MAC OSX WINDOWS
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: BabPA
- SKU: Bab223